AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

Maybe Im just getting older,I Miss Rocawear,Phat Farm,Ecko,Mecca,Sean John,FuBu,and Wu Wear.Since when did it become cool to rock Skinny Jeans and all these fuckin' scarfs and Loud ass colors and shit?DOES ANYBODY HERE FEEL THE SAME WAY I DO? Give Me Some FEEDBACK Y'all..........

Views: 1119

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Self expression pops lol.

But really as far as fads go most of them are scientific marketing ploys that people become brainwashed into buying.
The skinny jeans and 'scarfs¿' are cool with me because it shows that you aren't afraid to "go against the grain (lol*) " of what the average dude would ware.

But that 90's shit we should leave for halloween dress up lol.

Depends...

If someone is wearing it because it fits who they are as individual or simply because they like to dress that way, then fine. Yet if you're wearing it just because it's whats hot, then no.

There is nothing more disqusting than a person lacking any type of identity that goes and dresses, speaks, or acts a certain way just to fit in.

Yo! alot of these new fads look like halloween dress up.Whats the purpose of wearing skinny jeans hanging off your ass? Thats a Contradiction!

Chris Asrk-pa Addanc said:

Self expression pops lol.

But really as far as fads go most of them are scientific marketing ploys that people become brainwashed into buying.
The skinny jeans and 'scarfs¿' are cool with me because it shows that you aren't afraid to "go against the grain (lol*) " of what the average dude would ware.

But that 90's shit we should leave for halloween dress up lol.
No its not.
I say leave the 90's stuff for halloween dress up because its nostalgic.
Skinnys jeans can be used as dress up for halloween but I doubt you would be getting as much candy lol.

This is funny. it makes me feel old because I was around for all these styles, Well, maybe not the first one but I remember the videos. LOL

 

The afrocentric medallion era was cool.

milo said:

Tee hee hee...

milo said:

Who U calling "Pops"? I will rock my Timberlands until I die!!!! "I DON'T GIVE A FUCK".How many MF's my age are U going to see wearing skinny jeans? "going against the grain" means doing your own thing and not going after what is "Popular".Chris Asrk-pa Addanc said:

No its not.
I say leave the 90's stuff for halloween dress up because its nostalgic.
Skinnys jeans can be used as dress up for halloween but I doubt you would be getting as much candy lol.
Its funny even when the brands like fubu and roc a wear were popular I still never liked that ish. The style changes with the times man. Its called evolution. Some may not like but you can't really stop it. I was always into doing my own thing always, so name brands never attracted me much.

Agreed...

Addicted ToBad Things said:

Its funny even when the brands like fubu and roc a wear were popular I still never liked that ish. The style changes with the times man. Its called evolution. Some may not like but you can't really stop it. I was always into doing my own thing always, so name brands never attracted me much.

U right man! I didn't like every name brand myself,just certain ones attracted me.To be honest with U I never owned any Fubu and 1 of the 4 designers was a childhood buddy of mine,Fubu didn't blow up until L.L. started wearing it in 99.Fubu actually started in 92.

Addicted ToBad Things said:

Its funny even when the brands like fubu and roc a wear were popular I still never liked that ish. The style changes with the times man. Its called evolution. Some may not like but you can't really stop it. I was always into doing my own thing always, so name brands never attracted me much.
Thats why I put the lol after "going against the grain".
It's not just hip hop gear changes, you checked out the rock kids too? Shapes and images change..gotta roll with it and observe it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS


Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2018   Created by Matthew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service


HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8