AFROPUNK

... the other Black experience

Lately, I have been on a natural beauty and health where I am considering making my own body wash and body butters in an effort to reduce my skin allergies.  I have been having issues with very dry skin and coconut oil seems to work for me so far.

I am curious to know if you have tried to make body washes and body butters and your experiences with the process.  Do these products have a long shelf life?

Do you have any favourite natural beauty products that you like to use in your daily routine?

Also, I have heard that virgin coconut oil is good for reducing acne breakouts because of its anti bacterial qualities.  Has anyone tried this method and did it work for you?

Views: 268

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been saving bit by bit to have my own shea butter mix by buying the ingredients slowly. I hope to make some at the end of the month. Most of the time, I have brought products from my moms coworkers for their family have been making their own hair concoctions for three or four generations and they work great. I would say they last a long time but I have a lot of hair. Also I have been watching Naptural85's tutorials on youtube to get some new ideas.

Do you have a specific place where you order your shea butter?  I heard of this place called Medina Industrial Corp that's located in New York but I am unsure about the shipping costs. 

From what I read, coconut oil can be applied to your face as a moisturizer but with caution because unless your face is extremely dry, it may end up causing more acne.  It can also be taken as a supplement as well (one tablespoon as well).  It feels odd ingesting the oil but overall, I feel a bit better.  I have to try to do this consistently to track the results.

jasmine blaylock said:

I have tried making my own shea butter mixes in the past. From my own experience they lasted pretty long.  Now i LOVE coconut oil for my hair but i never considered it for my face , that my be something i have to try. 

I'm going to order online since I have not found a spot where I can get my shea butter but I am still looking. I have not heard about Medina so I should look in to it.

http:\\www.fromnaturewithlove.com

They have GREAT products and good prices, in all sizes.

They also have all kinds of jars bottles bags and containers you might need to store.

http://racosmetics.com/

I found out through a friend who makes her own natural hair products that RA Cosmetics is pretty good. The shea butter works really well.

Coconut oil is the best source to reduce all acne and thus keep the skin healthy and fresh. I have always been using coconut oil for all my skin and hair problems and it works wonders.

Yes its right virgin coconut oil is really effective for the dry skin to moisturize it. I really love to use shower creams that soften my skin & gives long lasting effect I mostly use to buy branded showering creams like St. Lves, Nivea & Eucerin, I use Rosegal coupon codes to buy these cream that are cost effective. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

© 2018   Created by Matthew.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

HOME
| MY PAGE | MESSAGE BOARD | BANDS | APX | BLOGS | MEDIA | FESTIVAL | ABOUT | MOVIES | STORE | CONTACT
©2013 AFROPUNK | BRANDED BY 7ONE8